The vision of our #GirlsInnov8 camp is to empower young women between Y9 and Y13 and inspire them to choose IT as their career in the future.
The demand and popular response for a 2019 camp was driven by the success of the #GI8 camps we coordinated in January 2017 and 2016. It offers a variety of experiences to the girls throughout the year which focus on Technology and the maker movement and strive to spark their interests, encourage their passions and ignite their curiosity.
Girls can be Residential campers, experiencing the full set of planned activities and learning opportunities while living on campus. Alternatively a Day camper only option is available and girls will conclude their activities at the end of the workshops each day.
Registrations open until 15 December 2018
Wednesday, 16 January 2019:
- Select one of two streams: Computer Science activities & code Breaking or Code Avengers – HTML
- Select one of two streams: Arduino robotics programming or Code Avengers continue
- Visit to Maru Nihohiho (MNZM – Founder and MD of Metia Interactive)
- Evening activity (Residential Only)
Thursday, 17th January 2019:
- Industry visit to Soul Machine
- Evening activity – Woman in IT Talks (Residential only)
Friday, 18th January 2019:
- Maker activity – Boat Construction
- Fiserve Agile Activity
- Project time
When and Where
St Cuthbert’s College
122 Market Road
Epsom, Auckland 1051
8:30am Wednesday 16 January 2019
– 4:30pm Friday 18 January 2019
Residential attendees – $550
Day attendees – $425