Chromacon 2019 – New Zealand Indie Arts Festival
Chromacon is a non-profit biennial indie arts festival based in Auckland, New Zealand that celebrates the coming together of creativity, artistic excellence and community.
Chromacon connects all New Zealanders with a group of highly talented multi-disciplinary independent creators working across an ever-expanding range of mediums including illustration, comics, concept art, sculpture/ designer toys, animation, tabletop/ video games, and more!
You will find original artwork and creative projects from independent creators of different media, styles, and genres at Chromacon. You will also be able to purchase self-published work or even one-off originals directly from the creatives themselves.
The intimate nature of the event offers you the chance to meet and connect with creatives you may already admire or others creating new and exciting work that you weren’t aware of.
Furthermore, we will be hosting live events, drawing/painting demos, and artist talks/ panels on a variety of subjects throughout the weekend.
We invite everyone with an interest in art, in particular storytelling in visual and interactive mediums to come join us for a celebration of Kiwi creativity. Whether you’re a fledgling artist yourself or simply curious about the amazing original work created by independent creators right here in New Zealand, everyone’s welcome!
This year we’ve almost doubled in size and will be showcasing close to 200 creators and taking over all floors of our venue – the newly refurbished Aotea Centre.
Chromacon 2019 will feature:
- Exhibitors: 120+ NZ & international illustrators, comic artists, designers, animators, sculptors, game developers and more personally showcasing their work to the public.
- Live Art: live drawing, painting demonstrations and hands-on creative activties
- Public artist talks and discussion panels.
- Games and interactive activities.
- Lots of other cool activities!
- CHROMA ART AWARDS 2019:
- CHROMA CONNECT 2019: a creative summit featuring industry talks/ panels and masterclasses aimed at professional development, to take place the following weekend (8-9 June) in Wellington in partnership with Massey University and Weta Workshop.
Chromacon 2019 will take place over the weekend of 1 – 2 June 2019 – Completely FREE for public entry. Once again, we’re partnering up with Auckland Live to bring Chromacon to Aotea Centre at the heart of Auckland City.
Watch the Chromacon 2019 Festival trailer.
When and Where
1 – 2 June 2019
10 AM – 5PM
Aotea Centre, Auckland.
Free public entry.
Kickstarter to support Chromacon 2019 to remain free and receive exclusive Art Book, Enamel Pin, T-Shirt, Limited Edition Prints, Original Art & more! Closes 24 May 2019.
Chromacon 2019 website and kickstarter has more information about the festival.
Chromacon 2019 is also on Facebook, Facebook event, Twitter @Chromacon, and Instagram.
As we are a non-profit, grassroots event – please help us spread the news and invite all art lovers to come along!